2012 NFPA 99 General Requirements
See the big picture on the 2012 edition of NFPA 99 for health care facilities with the self-guided NFPA 99 General Requirements Online Training Course.
The U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has officially adopted the 2012 edition of NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code. The 2012 edition of the Code has been significantly revised from previous editions. Gain essential job knowledge through this self-paced course in the NFPA 99 Online Training Series.
Presented in a flexible and interactive format, the NFPA 99 General Requirements Online Training Course provides a solid overview of the Code's scope and structure, so you can navigate with ease. It's an ideal starting point for anyone who needs to access, understand, and apply provisions in the 2012 edition of NFPA 99.
Facility managers will learn about how Code affects many of the systems in health care facilities. Designers and engineers for medical gas and vacuum systems and electrical systems will understand the basic application and arrangement of Code requirements, which is essential for designing safe, compliant systems. The one-hour course ends with an exam to test your knowledge.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Describe the scope and structure of NFPA 99
- Identify risk assessment requirements outlined in Chapter 4
- Identify gas and vacuum system requirements outlined in Chapter 5
- Identify electrical system requirements outlined in Chapter 6
- Identify IT and communications systems requirements outlined in Chapter 7
- Identify plumbing system requirements outlined in Chapter 8
- Identify HVAC systems requirements outlined in Chapter 9
- Identify electrical equipment requirements outlined in Chapter 10
- Identify gas equipment requirements outlined in Chapter 11
- Identify emergency and security management requirements outlined in Chapters 12 and 13
- Identify hyperbaric facilities requirements outlined in Chapter 14
- Identify fire protection requirements outlined in Chapter 15
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone concerned with NFPA 99 compliance including: facility managers, engineers, designers, consultants, facility owners, and executive directors
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this one-hour course and qualify for 0.1 CEU. Completion of each individual one-hour course qualifies you for 0.1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board or organization before registering.