Editor: Jonathan R. Hart
Reduce fire risks in commercial kitchens with insights and explanations only in the 2014 NFPA 96 Handbook PDF.
Written by an expert in NFPA 96, the all-new NFPA 96 Handbook PDF presents first-time commentary and full-color visuals that prepare you to recognize and address the special hazards present in public and private commercial kitchens. Commentary covers requirements throughout the 2014 edition of NFPA 96: Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations, including those addressing stove exhaust hoods, grease-removal devices, cooking exhaust systems, fans, fire-suppression systems, and clearance to combustibles.
The 2014 NFPA 96 Handbook PDF is essential for anyone who designs, installs, operates, inspects, or maintains cooking equipment.
The Handbook PDF explains changes in 2014 NFPA 96 in full, so you can reduce fire risks; avoid errors; and protect building occupants, equipment installers, hood cleaners, and inspectors.
You'll be ready to answer questions and implement new provisions involving the Standard's:
- New deadlines for removal and replacement of obsolete fire-protection systems
- New annex material for duct-cleaning
- New requirements for factory-built grease ducts, duct-leakage testing, exhaust fan discharge, and installations using solid fuel for flavor enhancement
- Updated information for installing grease filters, exhaust duct drains, duct enclosures, ductwork slope, and portable fire extinguishers
- New requirement for interlocking the exhaust fan operation with the cooking appliance
The 2014 NFPA 96 Handbook PDF is also the only place you'll find:
- Operational Compliance Tips highlighting requirements that should be observed throughout the life of a system -- not simply during system design and installation.
- More than 57 full-color photographs that facilitate installation and help you spot problems.
Compliance with the 2014 NFPA 96 will reduce hazards in commercial kitchens.
If you're responsible for safety in facilities that involve commercial cooking operations, carry the NFPA 96 Handbook PDF with you everywhere, every day. (PDF, 2014)