NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® (2012) for Health Care Special Provisions and Operating Procedures
The U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has officially adopted the 2012 edition of NFPA 101: Life Safety Code. The Special Provisions and Operating Procedures online course lets you work at your own pace to learn how to keep your facility in compliance.
Take the NFPA 101: Life Safety Code for Health Care Special Provisions and Operating Procedures training to learn how the 2012 Code addresses health care facility rehabilitation, and about occupancy-specific requirements for high-rises and special structures. This course also covers provisions for building services -- an essential subject area governed by the 2012 edition Life Safety Code.
Working online at a pace that's comfortable for you, you'll learn how about Code requirements for building rehabilitation projects, utilities, HVAC, elevators, escalators, laundry chutes, and more. Provisions for evacuation drills and staff training are also discussed. Interactive exercises and job aids impart information, allow practice, and reinforce learning once you've returned to the workplace. The one-hour course ends with an exam to test your knowledge.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- List building rehabilitation categories of work
- Explain the sprinkler requirements for rehabilitation projects
- Identify which Chapter 43 work categories apply to specific building rehabilitation projects
- Apply the core chapters and the occupancy-specific requirements for special structures and high-rise buildings
- Locate provisions for building services including utilities, HVAC, smoke control, elevators and escalators, and rubbish and laundry chutes
- Locate requirements for operating features, including evacuation drills and staff training
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone concerned with life safety compliance for health care occupancies, including: facility managers, Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), safety directors, engineers, architects, risk managers, and code consultants
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this one-hour course and qualify for 0.1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board or organization before registering.
Completion of modules 1-3 is recommended before moving on to modules 4-6.