2015 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code® Essentials Self-Guided Online Training Series
If life safety depends on you, get Web-based training from the first interactive series covering NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code®.
Learn on your own time, at your own pace. This interactive online training course series helps you navigate and implement NFPA 101: Life Safety Code, the single most widely used source for strategies to protect people based on building construction, protection, and occupancy features. NFPA 101 is the only Code that addresses occupant safety in new and existing buildings.
Designed by Code experts, this self-guided flexible program is ideal for anyone concerned with life safety compliance. You'll learn about fundamental concepts for a variety of occupancies through six modules featuring highly interactive exercises, short videos, and job aids. Each one-hour course ends with an exam to test your knowledge.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the organization of the 2015 edition of NFPA 101 and key Code concepts
- Describe Code applicability for new and existing occupancies
- Define the three parts of means of egress
- Determine exit enclosure and protection
- Determine occupant load and egress capacity for both individual means of egress components and the entire means of egress
- Determine requirements for illumination, emergency lighting, and egress markings
- Determine requirements for vertical openings, hazardous areas, interior finish, contents and furnishings, and fire alarm and extinguishing systems
- Differentiate among the rehabilitation work categories identified in Chapter 43
Who Will Benefit:
Anyone concerned with life safety compliance including: facility managers, authorities having jurisdiction, safety directors, contractors, architects, engineers, designers, risk managers, facility consultants, and project managers
Continuing Education Credit:
Complete this six-hour course series and qualify for 0.6 CEUs. Completion of each individual one-hour course qualifies you for 0.1 CEU. Upon successful completion of a course or the course series, participants will be prompted to download the CEU certificate directly from the course site.
Please verify applicability with your professional board or organization before registering.
Also Available: NFPA 101: Life Safety Code Occupancies (2015) Online Training Series