The 2015 NFPA 90A: Installation of Air-Conditioning and Ventilating Systems is essential for providing adequate fire protection in today's buildings.
Use the industry-approved standard of care for HVAC to protect life and property from fire, smoke, and gases resulting from fire or similar conditions. NFPA 90A addresses every aspect of the construction, operation, and maintenance of air conditioning and ventilating systems -- including filters, ducts, and related equipment.
Designers, contractors, and owners gain greater assurance in fire protection by using the latest provisions.
Requirements are used to prevent the migration of smoke and reduce the potential for fire in forced air systems in buildings that are over 25,000 cubic feet or Types III, IV, and V construction over three stories in height. It also applies to other buildings and structures not covered by other applicable NFPA® standards.
NFPA 90A addresses:
- HVAC systems, components, and air distribution
- Integration of a ventilation and air-conditioning system(s) with building construction
- Controls including wiring, manual control, smoke dampers, and smoke detection for automatic control
- Acceptance testing
NFPA 90A plays an integral role in providing adequate fire protection in today's buildings. Stay up-to-code and keep HVAC systems fire safe. (Softbound, 25 pp., 2015)
NFPA 90A: Standard for the Installation of Air-Conditioning and Ventilating Systems Handbook, 2015 Edition
Author: Allan Fraser
The 2015 NFPA 90A Handbook explains today's HVAC standard of care through expert commentary and full-color art.
Install HVAC systems for better fire safety with guidance on every aspect of their construction, operation, and maintenance -- and including filters, ducts, and related equipment. The digital NFPA 90A: Standard for the Installation of Air-Conditioning and Ventilating Systems Handbook spells out essential protection for operators, equipment, facilities, and work-in-progress. Helpful commentary explains the "whys" behind the rules that contractors and installers need to understand.
NFPA 90A Handbook includes the full text of the Standard, explanations, and full-color imagery.
- Gain electronic access to the complete 2015 NFPA 90A text, with requirements used to prevent the migration of smoke and reduce the potential for fire in forced air systems in buildings that are over 25,000 cubic feet or Types III, IV, and V construction over three stories in height.
- Hyperlinked icons take you to expert commentary on requirements -- including answers about wiring and extra information about smoke control -- to help you avoid oversights. Commentary is written by experts with an in-depth knowledge of NFPA 90A.
- Link to exclusive full-color images, tables, figures, and diagrams not in the Standard.
- Get the big picture with a dedicated Table of Contents for sections with commentary.
- Find new chapter introductions only in the Handbook.
- Save time with instant searches and interactive PDF functionality.
Help ensure adequate fire protection with background on NFPA 90A's intent and a view of new HVAC technology.
The 2015 NFPA 90A Handbook is essential for AHJs, architects, contractors, installers, and mechanical and fire protection engineers who need the latest requirements, background, and explanations. (PDF, Approx. 50 pp., 2015)