Protect people and property using the latest safeguards in the 2015 NFPA 86: Standard for Ovens and Furnaces.
Minimize the fire and explosion hazards that can endanger the furnace, the building, or personnel. The 2015 edition of NFPA 86: Standard for Ovens and Furnaces provides the latest comprehensive requirements for the safe design; installation; operation; and inspection, testing, and maintenance of Class A, B, C, and D ovens, dryers, and furnaces; thermal oxidizers; and any other heated enclosure used for processing of materials and related equipment.
Protect industrial facilities and employees with requirements for:
- General approvals, plans, specifications, and safety labeling
- Location and construction
- Furnace heating systems
- Commissioning, operations, maintenance, inspection, and testing
- Safety equipment and application
Major changes bring the 2015 NFPA 86 up-to-date with industry needs:
- Added definitions for burner management system (BMS), combustion safeguard, flame detector, flame failure response time, hardwired, and pressure regulators
- Added procedures for placing equipment into service based on purging practices in the 2015 NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code and the 2014 NFPA 56: Fire and Explosion Prevention During Cleaning and Purging of Flammable Gas Piping Systems
- New requirements prohibiting the manifolding of vent lines from different pressure levels
- Modified requirements for Class A and Class C ovens and furnaces -- including the development of new requirements on fire protection and safety ventilation for Class A ovens.
NFPA 86 gives industrial facility owners and operators, designers, and installers confidence in fire safety and fire protection for ovens, furnaces, dryers, thermal oxidizers, or other heated enclosure for processing of materials. (Softbound, 141 pp., 2015)