Provide more reliable security systems using the 2015 NFPA 731: Standard for the Installation of Electronic Premises Security Systems.
If you work with security, access control, or CCTV systems, make sure you're up-to-code with the latest consensus-based requirements for all facets of security equipment installation. NFPA 731 includes provisions for the application, location, performance, testing, and maintenance of physical security systems and their components in all types of buildings. The Standard covers every aspect from signal initiation, transmission, notification, and annunciation to levels of performance and reliability. Requirements address the protected premises from the property line to the interior of the premises.
Revised for the changing security field, equipment in use today, and referenced NFPA® codes including the 2014 NEC®.
The 2015 edition of NFPA 731 provides up-to-date references and incorporates provisions from the latest editions of applicable UL, SIA, and NFPA codes and standards including the 2014 NEC: National Electrical Code®. Other changes include:
- Clarified rules in the sections pertaining to power supplies
- Clarified requirements for low-power radio (wireless) systems for improved usability
To make sure security systems are ready to respond, the latest edition of NFPA 731 is essential for security personnel, installers, owners, and servicers. (Softbound, Approx. 56 pp., 2015)
NFPA® now makes available PDF versions of forms originally published in our NFPA Standards and handbooks. These eForms allow you to fill in the form fields electronically and then save, print, or share the file. NFPA eForms are intended for use on computers and are compatible with some mobile devices and apps. An internet connection is not needed to fill in and save the forms once they are downloaded to your device.
NFPA eForms can be used with many PDF applications. Functions of the specific PDF application will work on the forms. For example, most PDF applications include a signature feature, allowing you to use your finger, stylus, or mouse to sign a document.
Note that NFPA eForms are not compatible with the NFPA eLibrary app.
Features of the NFPA eForms include:
- Editable fields and checkboxes that allow you to enter content
- Spell check
- Easy file sharing (through email or Cloud storage)
- Basic PDF markup tools, including highlighting and comment boxes
- A "Learn More" button with explanatory comments to help you understand the requirements necessary to complete the form
- Electronic signature
- Searching form text
- Table of contents with links to each form within the file
- Dedicated placeholder to add company logo
Additional features that may be available, depending on PDF software/app you choose:
- Text message sharing of forms
- Attaching files to PDF (including audio files)
- Duplicating forms
- Advanced tools, including inserting stamps and inserting images
- Clearing all fields at once
- Searching extended to include form fields
- Extracting pages from the full file
- Save “flattened” option that prevents further editing of content entered into form fields
- Automatic saving when closing the file
- Date fields with scroll bar selection
Directions on how to use on a desktop or mobile device are provided on the first page of the PDF.