Ensure a safe fuel gas installation using the 2015 NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code.
NFPA 54: National Fuel Gas Code provides industry-accepted guidance for the safe installation and operation of fuel gas piping systems, appliances, equipment, and accessories. The 2015 edition includes updates based on recognized risks, recent research, and the techniques, materials, developments, and construction practices in use today. From design to installation, maintenance, and inspection -- no matter what aspect of fuel gas safety your job involves, the latest edition of NFPA 54 is essential.
Apply the 2015 NFPA 54 for confidence in CSST bonding.
Be sure you're working with current information on NFPA 54's bonding requirement for corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST). All CSST used for fuel gas piping must be bonded to the building grounding system to prevent damage to the system due to nearby lightning strikes.
Other new safeguards impact contractors, installers, and code officials. For example, the revised sidewall venting distance separation from adjacent buildings and sidewalks responds to concerns about public safety.
Annexes provide a wealth of additional information such as:
- Details on coordinating appliance and equipment design, construction, and maintenance -- including a design and construction checklist
- Steps on checking for leakage and suggested emergency procedures for gas leaks
Never underestimate fuel gas dangers!
The National Fuel Gas Code provides the most effective means of ensuring fuel gas safety on consumers' premises. Update now for the latest pipe sizing tables; design requirements; installation provisions; inspection, testing, and purging requirements; and venting system rules that address fuel gas risks. (Softbound, 168 pp., 2015)
Author: Denise Beach
The 2015 NFPA 54 Handbook is your go-to source for the "hows" and "whys" behind fuel gas safety compliance.
Implement the 2015 edition of NFPA 54 with confidence! Fully updated and featuring a wealth of full-color visuals, NFPA®'s 2015 National Fuel Gas Code Handbook explains technical NFPA 54 requirements and fuel gas safety concepts -- so you're prepared to answer questions from employees and owners; and verify fuel gas piping, appliance, and venting jobs are in compliance.
Handbook contributors are a panel of fuel gas safety experts.
Commentary from authorities in the field gives you the background, rationale, and practical tips you need for error-free design, installation, and inspection.
NFPA 54 Handbook combines Code rules with full-color visuals and eight supplements. You'll work with:
- Complete 2015 NFPA 54 text for convenient reference
- Commentary that helps you avoid errors and oversights
- More than 200 visuals including full-color photos, graphics, and charts
- FAQs highlighting vital aspects of gas safety that you can't afford to overlook
- New design elements alerting you to Code additions
- A new supplement authored by Ted Lemoff, P.E. that summarizes recent research on CSST bonding related to lightning-related damage to fuel gas piping systems. Learn about the research and how it impacts the Code.
- Updated supplements including Fuel Gas Odorization and Procedure to Estimate Infiltration Rate for Residential Structures
- Technical Changes from the 2012 to the 2015 edition of NFPA 54
- Updated Calculation Worksheets in the printed Handbook -- plus quick access online
Get the hands-on backup needed to complete jobs correctly and improve productivity.
Published by NFPA, the Code source, the 2015 National Fuel Gas Code Handbook is a time-saving NFPA 54 companion for engineers, contractors, consultants, AHJs, designers, and architects. (Hardbound, 576 pp., 2015)