Advance to the 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code based on the latest NFPA® codes and standards governing fire and life safety.
Adopted in jurisdictions throughout North America, NFPA 1: Fire Code presents a comprehensive, integrated approach to fire code regulation and hazard management. Fully updated for 2015, this edition features extracts from and references to more than 130 NFPA codes and standards. Staying up-to-code gives fire marshals, AHJs, code officials, inspectors, facility owners and managers -- and anyone involved with hazardous materials -- the latest fire protection requirements for fire alarm, sprinkler, and life safety issues.
Get extracts from widely used NFPA codes and standards including:
- The 2015 editions of NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code®, NFPA 30: Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code, and NFPA 30A: Code for Motor Fuel Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages
- The 2014 editions of NFPA 58: Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code and NFPA 25: Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems
- The 2013 editions of NFPA 13: Installation of Sprinkler Systems and NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
Major changes in the 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code:
- Chapter 18 includes mandatory requirements on fire hydrant location and distribution -- to assist designers with planning and AHJs and other authorities with inspections.
- Added mandates for carbon monoxide detection and alarm for new educational and new day care facilities and other changes reflect safeguards in the 2015 NFPA 101.
- Coverage of fire alarm systems for occupancies now mirrors NFPA 101 to provide additional information and reduce reference time.
Don't delay -- prevent injuries and deaths and advance safety for the public and first responders with the 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code. (Softbound, 711 pp., 2015)
Authors: Gregory Harrington, P.E. and Kristin Collette Bigda, P.E.
Printed in full color, the 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code Handbook explains code requirements and helps you verify compliance.
Reference, apply, and enforce NFPA 1: Fire Code correctly and give your community the high level of protection it deserves. The official 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code Handbook incorporates a wealth of information from a wide range of sources, so you're prepared to answer questions, resolve issues, and make the right decisions about fire safety in new and existing buildings.
NFPA®'s unique Handbook includes full NFPA 1: Fire Code text plus compliance advice, full-color visuals, and more.
Work with comprehensive information about fire and life safety in all types of occupancies and for both new and existing conditions:
- The full 2015 NFPA 1: Fire Code text with up-to-date extracts from dozens of NFPA codes and standards
- Expert commentary, printed in color, that explains the rationale behind provisions. Get real-world examples of how to apply requirements in specific situations.
- 350+ visuals including full-color photographs that clarify concepts plus 2-color charts, tables, and illustrations
- New chapter on mandatory requirements concerning hydrant locations
- New information reflecting 2015 NFPA 101®: Life Safety Code®'s added mandates for carbon monoxide detection and alarm for new educational and new day care facilities
- Time-saving indexes to help you locate information fast
- NFPA 1 Forms and Forms unique to the Handbook are downloadable from your NFPA Profile.
Advance your technical knowledge with NFPA 1: Fire Code support.
Whether you're a code official, inspector, fire marshal, AHJ, facility manager, or anyone concerned with public safety, the 2015 NFPA 1 Handbook is your key to better public safety and code compliance. (Hardbound, Approx. 1,330 pp., 2015)