Many new and revised requirements in the 2014 NEC® impact residential, commercial, and industrial electrical installations.
The 2014 NFPA 70®: NEC® covers the latest requirements on electrical wiring and equipment installation issues, including minimum provisions for the use of connections, voltage markings, conductors, and cables. Chapters address specific circumstances surrounding special occupancies and industrial equipment and machines. It also contains specific details on the safe installation and use of communications and signaling conductors.
All requirements in the National Electrical Code® are confirmed through a rigorous process of comprehensive review, markup, annotation and revision. The NEC has been published since 1897, and in that time the code and its accompanying National Electrical Code Handbook have undergone radical restructuring to reflect the latest electrical and wiring technologies.
The 2014 edition of the NEC has been revised to include important changes such as:
- Expanded AFCI and GFCI protection in homes
- Continued emphasis on making installations safe for electrical workers
- Coverage of new methods to distribute low voltage power
- New approaches toward ensuring safety of photovoltaic (PV) electric systems
- Changes to the long-standing voltage thresholds used in the Code
- Plus hundreds of others that allow for the safe implementation of the latest in electrical system and equipment technology.
Stay ahead with the 2014 NEC's safety updates and time-tested, trusted guidance.
Electrical hazards result in many thousands of accidents in residences and commercial spaces each year. NFPA 70: National Electrical Code is the nation's singular code for safe electrical installation. Over its 100+ years of publication, the NEC has become the most trusted electrical standard throughout much of the world, lending considerable weight to its authoritative collection of code requirements. As time moves forward, so does the NEC.The 2014 edition added four all-new Articles on growing technologies such as:
- Low Voltage Direct Current Distribution Systems (Article 393)
- Modular Data Centers (Article 646)
- Fire Resistive Cable Systems (Article 728)
- Energy Management Systems (Article 750)
The NEC 70 provides the most comprehensive set of rules for all types of electrical wiring and equipment.
The Code's charter is broad, covering electrical conductors, equipment, and raceways for a wide array of spaces and premises. This includes all public and private buildings, homes, and structures; outdoor yards and lots; installations that connect to the power grid; and utility equipment. Major changes in the NEC also respond to electrical safety concerns with respect to NFPA 70E®: Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®, such as new centralized locking requirements, field marking of equipment, and hazard warning labels.
Get up-to-code with the new 2014 National Electrical Code from NFPA!
NFPA 70 is the foundation of all electrical wiring and practice in the United States, and going without the latest edition creates a needless risk. Protect lives and property from electrical dangers and buy the 2014 National Electrical Code today. (Softbound, 910 pp., 2014)
Editor-in-Chief: Mark W. Earley
Editors: Christopher D. Coache, Mark Cloutier, and Gil Moniz
The 2014 National Electrical Code® Handbook from NFPA® explains today's NEC® in full. There's nothing else like it!
A one-stop source of National Electrical Code information, the 2014 NEC Handbook from NFPA does much more than bring you up-to-code -- it also explains the reasoning behind NFPA 70®: NEC concepts, provides real-world examples, and gives you the background behind Code revisions, so you can work with authority.
Trust the only NEC Code reference that has it all:
- Complete 2014 NEC text for convenient reference
- Explanations from experts involved with NEC development
- First-time commentary on four new articles that expand NEC coverage to address industry needs
- Commentary on important changes involving AFCIs and GFCIs, electrical worker safety, and green energy systems
- Full-color photos and visuals such as schematics, floor plans, flow charts, and cross-sectional graphics
- Extracted data from other NFPA documents and UL White Book
Written by experts who are at the center of the NEC development process.
The 2014 NEC Handbook is loaded with essential information about Code application, from the experts who know the NEC best. Revised NEC text is highlighted in yellow to make Code changes stand out. Commentary and examples are printed in blue. Vertical rules alert you to new articles, figures, and tables; and bullets signal deletions.
Insightful, comprehensive, and dependable, no other source compares with the 2014 NEC Handbook!
Work with the authority trusted by electrical contractors, engineers, electricians, safety officials, inspectors, and architects nationwide. Order your 2014 NEC Handbook today from NFPA. (Hardbound, 1270 pp., 2014)