The 2013 NFPA 80 reflects the latest advances in fire doors and opening protectives equipment and installations, for easier ITM and better fire protection throughout your building.
Revised for ease of use and updated with new terminology, the 2013 edition of NFPA 80: Standard Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives helps you maximize protection against the spread of fire and smoke through thorough application and enforcement of requirements for opening protectives -- especially annual inspections and testing.
The 2013 edition adds new guidance for AHJs, inspectors, and building owners/managers. This user-friendly edition includes:
- New terms and more thorough details regarding the inspection, testing, and maintenance of doors and other opening protectives in the completely reorganized Chapter 5
- New information regarding documentation and record retention of inspections and tests
- Revised rules for field modifications of equipment
- Revised rules concerning initial testing and periodic inspection and testing
- Updates to maintenance provisions
- New requirements on the use and types of hinges for swinging doors
From fire doors and fire windows to fabric fire safety curtains and fire dampers, NFPA 80 covers it all.
This comprehensive edition is essential for everyone involved in building fire safety, from door/opening protective and hardware manufacturers to AHJs and fire door inspectors, building owners, building managers, maintenance professionals, and testing laboratories. (Softbound, 83 pp., 2013)
Author: Kristin Bigda
Maximize the efficiency of fire doors and fire windows with advice and full-color photos only in the 2013 NFPA 80 Handbook. Save 15% with the Standard and Handbook Set!
NFPA 80: Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives reflects the latest advances in fire doors and opening protectives equipment and installations. Revisions in the 2013 edition improved application and enforcement of requirements -- especially with regard to annual inspections and testing. Now the 2013 NFPA 80 Handbook goes a step further, with expert commentary and visuals based on frequently asked questions and targeting areas of potential confusion.
NFPA 80 Handbook includes the full text of the Standard, new explanations, and full-color imagery.
- Gain electronic access to the complete 2013 NFPA 80 text, including new terms and thorough details regarding the inspection, testing, and maintenance of doors and other opening protectives in Chapter 5; and new information regarding documentation and record retention of inspections and tests.
- Hyperlinked icons take you to answers and help you avoid oversights. Link directly to all-new commentary written by experts with in-depth knowledge of NFPA 80.
- Link to exclusive full-color images, tables, figures, and diagrams not in the Standard.
- Get the big picture with a dedicated Table of Contents for sections with commentary.
- Find new chapter introductions only in the Handbook.
- Save time with instant searches and interactive PDF functionality.
Be the answer source! The Handbook provides the extra facts you need to apply or enforce NFPA 80 confidently, whether you're a manufacturer, AHJ or fire door inspector, building owner, building manager, or maintenance professional. After initial download, no Internet access is required. (PDF, 128 pp., 2013)
Best value: Save 15% on the 2013 NFPA 80 and Handbook Set.
Purchase both the 2013 NFPA 80 Standard and its Handbook for the best access to industry essentials at the best price. This Set put requirements and expert answers at your command 24/7, so you can improve your knowledge of requirements for fire doors, fire windows, fabric fire safety curtains, fire dampers, and more. (Standard, 83 pp., 2013; Handbook PDF, 128 pp, 2013)