Update now! Insist on the 2013 edition of NFPA 22 for adequate water supply in private fire protection systems.
The 2013 NFPA 22: Standard for Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection provides the industry's most up-to-date requirements for the design, construction, installation and maintenance of tanks and accessory equipment that supply water for private fire protection, including foundations, towers, pipe connections and fittings, and valve enclosures.
Only this edition provides the Standard's first definition for "suction tank" along with other significant revisions:
- Updated Table 5.4 correlates with ANSI/AWWA D100-11, Standard for Welded Carbon Steel Tanks for Water Storage.
- Clarified roof hatch and ladder requirements
- Clarified pressure tank design requirements plus Annex language with additional guidance
- User-friendly anti-vortex plate requirements clarify the use of a long radius elbow as well as its use on all suction tanks. Updated figure accompanies text.
- A new section on break tanks provides design guidance.
This updated edition is essential for manufacturers, fire protection engineers, installers, maintenance professionals, AHJs, and property owners. (Softbound, 88 pp., 2013)