Update your knowledge about disaster prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, continuity, and recovery with NFPA 1600®.
Be prepared for any type of crisis or disaster -- resulting from natural, human, or technological events -- with NFPA 1600: Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity/Continuity of Operations Programs. Widely used by public, non-profit, nongovernmental, and private entities on a local, regional, national, international and global basis, NFPA 1600 continues to evolve as a vital guide for the development, implementation, assessment, and maintenance of disaster/emergency management and continuity of operations programs.
The Standard was adopted by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as a voluntary consensus standard for emergency preparedness, and the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (the 9/11 Commission) recognized NFPA 1600 as our National Preparedness Standard.*
Protect public safety and your business. Get criteria for prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, continuity, and recovery.
- Changes throughout the 2016 edition reflect the Standard's new title, which was made to emphasize its broad applicability in all types of companies and organizations.
- Specific hazards -- geological, meteorological, biological, accidental human-caused, intentional human-caused, and technological – are clarified to assist evaluation during the risk assessment required in Chapter 5: Planning.
- New sections on Continuity and Recovery in Chapter 6: Implementation expand information and make it easier to apply.
- A new self-assessment tool in Annex B helps you determine your level of compliance and target areas for improvement.
- New Annex J: Access and Functional Needs discusses the important roles each segment of a community has to assist people with disabilities.
- Other changes include a revised Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Cycle in Annex D; added crosswalk tables in Annex E; and major updates to Annex F: NFPA 1600, 2016 Edition as a Management System Standard (MSS).
Stay up-to-code. NFPA 1600 is a critical source for emergency management officials in the private, public, and non-profit sectors. (Softbound, 72 pp., 2016)
*The 2013, 2007 and 2010 editions of NFPA 1600 have been designated by DHS, to be used by accredited 3rd parties, to evaluate and certify compliance of entities under its Private Sector Preparedness (PS Prep) Program.