Trust NFPA 40: Standard for the Storage and Handling of Cellulose Nitrate Film for complete guidance on safe storage of still and motion picture film.
The 2011 NFPA 40 is your single-source for up-to-date provisions for the storage and handling of cellulose nitrate motion picture film for such occupancies as film cabinets, vaults, archival vaults, projection booths, laboratories, and film exchanges.
All the issues insurance professionals, fire protection design engineers, film vault owners/operators, and enforcing officials need to know about are addressed, including:
- Construction requirements and arrangements of buildings
- Fire protection
- Storage of nitrate film
- Handling of nitrate film
- Motion picture projection and special processes
- Special occupancies
Changes to the 2011 edition include:
- Revised fire protection requirements for short term and extended term storage vaults based on research project data
- Established basis to calculate equivalent film amounts for rolled film and flat film
- Updated and clarified requirements for the number of nitrate-based film projectors that are permitted in a film projection enclosure
Formatting changes improve usability, consistency, and comprehension. (Softbound, 19 pp., 2011)