NFPA 804 offers prescriptive-based approaches for fire protection and fire safety in advanced light water reactor electric generating plants.
Help ensure continuous safe operation and prevent switchgear fires and other potentially catastrophic emergencies in nuclear facilities. NFPA 804: Standard for Fire Protection for Advanced Light Water Reactor Electric Generating Plants is prepared for the use and guidance of professionals charged with the design, construction, operation, and regulation of advanced light water reactor electric generating plants.
NFPA 804 provides minimum fire protection requirements to:
- Ensure safe shutdown of the reactor
- Minimize the release of radioactive materials into the environment
- Provide life safety for on-site personnel
- Limit property damage
- Protect continuity of plant operation
The 2015 NFPA 804 is revised to coordinate with related NFPA® codes and standards.
- This edition allows the use of NFPA 806: Performance-Based Standard for Fire Protection for Advanced Nuclear Reactor Electric Generating Plants Change Process.
- NFPA 804 also allows a new approach for assessing spurious operations from cables.
Keep up with requirements for nuclear facilities that provide vital protection for personnel, equipment, communities, and the environment. NFPA 804 is essential for engineers, fire policy experts, and plant managers charged with fire protection in this complex type of facility.
(Softbound, 51 pp., 2015)